This course is a comprehensive and unified introduction to the modeling and analysis capabilities of Abaqus. It teaches you how to solve linear and nonlinear problems, submit and monitor analysis jobs and view simulation results using the interactive interface of Abaqus.
The following products are covered by this seminar: Abaqus/CAE, Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit.
The course covers the following topics:
- Linear and nonlinear structural analysis
- Static, dynamic and heat transfer analysis
- Material models: linear elasticity, hyperelasticity and metal plasticity.
- Loads and constraints
- Modeling contact
- Selecting the appropriate elements for your problem
- Feature-based modeling, parts and assemblies
- Working with CAD geometry and imported meshes
- Mesh generation techniques
- Creating, submitting and monitoring analysis jobs
- Viewing simulation results
- Restarting an analysis
The course is divided into lectures, demonstrations and workshops.
The course's workshops are integral to the training. They are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures and demonstrations. They are intended to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting actual Abaqus analyses.
Who should attend
New Abaqus users who will primarily use Abaqus/CAE to create their models should attend this seminar. No previous knowledge of Abaqus is required, but some basic knowledge of finite elements and continuum mechanics is desirable. Also, some familiarity with interactive modeling is helpful but not required.
- received 10 business days prior to the training session will not be responsible for any fees
- received 5-10 business days prior to training will be invoiced in full but will be able to apply 50% of the payment towards a future training course within the calendar year
- received 1-5 business days prior to training, or no shows, are subject to payment for the full amount without future training credits
Substitution of attendee can be made at any time.
Cancellation of Course by ENA2:
- ENA2 reserves the right to cancel or change a class at anytime due to: lack of participation, equipment, trainer, or classroom availability.
- Notification will be provided to all who are registered and will not be charged for the course
- ENA2 will not be liable for costs associated with the cancellation (transpiration, accommodations etc.)
- ENA2 is not liable for any damages resulting from the use of training materials or information provided at a course.