Introduction to Abaqus
This course offers a detailed and complete introduction to Abaqus. At the end of the course, users will have the core skills required to develop proficiency in modelling and analysis with the ability to expand their skills to use more advanced features. Products included are Abaqus/CAE, Abaqus/Standard, and Abaqus/Explicit.
The course covers the following topics:
- Linear and nonlinear analysis
- Static, dynamic, and quasistatic analysis
- Working with native and imported geometry
- Material modelling
- Preparing assemblies
- Meshing techniques and elements
- Loads, boundary conditions, contact, and constraints
- Analysis sequence and procedures
- Results visualization
The course will be a combination of lectures, demonstrations, and workshops.
Who should attend:
This course is for engineers, designers, and analysts who are new to Abaqus. No previous knowledge of Abaqus or other FEA software is required, but understanding of the finite element method, previous exposure to FEA software, CAD modelling, and continuum mechanics is an asset.